Final Year Theory Modules w/ Spencer and Derek
09/10/2014 § Leave a comment
What is a dissertation?
A systematic collection and interpretation of researched material – a collection of arguments and research which builds a case to assess the extent to which a set of objectives has been satisfied or to test a hypothesis. Inclusive primary and secondary sources.
A body of work
The dissertation gives you the opportunity to:
- formulate and communicate ideas and propositions
- Develop you skills in terms of research and research methodologies
- Demonstrate academic rigour
- Pursue in depth, areas and issues which are of interest and of relevance to you and may inform decisions with regard to your future career
- Investigate and understand broad yet in depth aspects of the issues relevant to your particular degree courses
- Become an expert in the specific aspect of your chosen topic
- Inform studio practice
Hang on to research material for dissertation in case there is an issue with your final dissertation: 5500 words