Peter Norris: Project Management
22/01/2014 § Leave a comment
There are 3 distinct elements:
- Design Phase
- Execution Phase
- Implementation Phase
This covers all aspects related to the design.
- Idea Generation
- Design Concept(s)
- Design Embodiment
- Technical Completion
This covers all aspects related to the completion and production of the design.
- Technical completion
- Production Issues – print, 3D aspects, moving image etc
This covers all aspects related to the design and production once it is out in the public domain.
When undertaking planning ALWAYS work backwards.
List the process in which you need to work (backwards):
- Courier – Make sure that you have a piece of paper that says you have delivered your final project in the correct state. Also make sure that it is delivered on time for it to be fitted to the printer etc.
- Digital Formats – Make sure that it is in a format that is readable, has the correct colours and works in every way that is needed
- Mac Operatives – How many are you using and how long does it take?
- Design Issues – Time
- Client Meetings – Depends on the time of year so consider holidays/families/illness etc