Spencer Roberts – Summary of Work
09/10/2013 § Leave a comment
Semester One: Summary of Work
- Identify two key theorists or two key perspectives.
- Produce a formal mind map of each of your theorists/perspectives.
- Produce a more aesthetic data-visualisation of each of your chosen theorists/perspectives.
- Produce a five page treatment of each theorist/perspective in the style of an Icon Books beginners guide.
- Produce an essay comparing and contrasting your chosen theorist/perspective (2000 words).
Theorists/perspectives to be someone who is thinking in design or animation. Just start by researching one.
For the next session:
- To be well underway with identifying and researching into one of your chosen theorists, making sure to map their position.
- Pick someone who interests you and that you like as you’ll be modelling their way of seeing and their image of thought.
- What aspects of the world could they said to be prioritise – what aspects of the world do they background/obscure.
- Historical locations/traditions – what was the significance of their practice then? What is the significance of their practice now? In what sense did they innovate? Are they notable in any other way?
- Are they affiliated with particular technologies/techniques – what are the assumptions of such technologies?
- Who were their precursors? Who are their successors?